Helping you from Hospital to HomeWith ONE CARE
ONE CARE - a program designed to work collaboratively with the Hospitals, Community Support Service Agencies and the CCAC to help transition clients of any age, especially older adults, home after a hospital stay or visit to the emergency department.
- There is a cost to the client – Depending on your financial assessment
- We facilitate a safe and timely discharge from the hospital to home.
- Coordinate services for a smoother transition of clients from the hospital to a community home.
- The Client Driven Care approach improves client discharge experience and health outcomes.
- Our service provides clients access to ongoing community support services in Richmond Hill, On..
ONE CARE provides transitional support services for anyone who is frail elderly, has special complex needs and requires assistance for a safe return home from the hospital.
Referrals will be set up with the Discharge /LHIN Care Coordinator at the hospital OR by contacting ONE CARE
- It is ideal if referrals are set up at least 48 hours ahead
- Same-day referrals can be accommodated for 2-4 hours (turnaround time).
ONE CARE links clients with the Community Support Service agency to arrange for services such as transportation and Appointments.
The caregiver will meet the client at the hospital or at home.
- The caregiver can stay for up to four hours with the client.
- Safety assessment of the home is completed upon arrival in the home.
- The caregiver can pick up groceries or prescriptions.
- The caregiver can assist with personal care, light housekeeping or laundry.
Once the client is settled at home, they will receive a follow-up call from our Care Designer within 24 to 48 hours and discuss additional services that may be available.
24 Hours – 7 Days a week
The service is available Monday to Friday, with weekend discharges possible if scheduled by Friday afternoon.
To register for this program, please call 365-440-2273 / 905-883-6067
ONE CARE is available to individuals OF ANY AGE and can be considered case-by-case. Clients must live in Richmond Hill, Ontario and be medically stable.
- ONE CARE is eligible for community residents, retirement homes, and long-term care facilities.
- Day or elective surgery, Chemo and radiation therapy, and Dialysis clients requiring support when they go home the same day can access ONE CARE.
- Service is available to clients having procedures that require sedation for outpatient procedures.
For additional criteria, please call: 365-440-2273
For Additional Information – Ask for our ONE CARE Program.
To Register CALL: 365-440-2273